Monday, January 26, 2009

Hitting the Jackpot





By Angelo Orlando

LATELY I'VE BEEN thinking about winning the lottery. No, I don't actually think that a scratch ticket is the key to my financial future. (At least not most of the time.) It's on my mind because a few days ago I was on TV discussing what the winners of the seven-state Big Game drawing should do with their $331 million jackpot. In case you missed this news item, last week three absurdly lucky people won the second-biggest lottery drawing ever. The odds of winning? One in 76 million. Getting killed by a bolt of lightning is apparently 17 times more likely, according to CNN.
On my way to the studio, I couldn't help but wonder: A) What would I do with that kind of money? and B) Was I about to make a complete fool out of myself on live television? Even after the segment was over, the second question was difficult to answer. But the first one was easy: I'd buy a charming brownstone near Central Park, a county house on Cape Cod and some sort of vehicle to get me back and forth.



Click Link Below To Read

http://www.smartmoney.com/personal-finance/estate-planning/hitting-the-jackpot-12730/

No comments:

Post a Comment